Monday, November 6, 2017

Brent Atchley #2.



Quick feet.

I picked out five guys who made video parts that I like. It's kind of a random sampling of different styles.

Brent is from Portland, Oregon and he turned pro for Element in 2006. They sent out a promo DVD with his debut part. The section features skateparks, pools, and street action all set to the rhymes of the Freestyle Fellowship. He skates Burnside a bunch. Brent does a lot of odd transition tricks in a loose style probably only he can pull off. There are many ollies and 360 flips, too. He reminds me of Quim Cardona to an extent. I wasn't sure what I thought of this part when it came out, but I appreciate it more now because it was different from much of what was going on at the time. Heck, it still holds up as different from a lot of what is going on in skateboarding. The photo is of his ender - a frontside ollie on a very thin natural launch ramp.

Props to Louie Lopez for including Remy Stratton in his top five video parts at Quartersnacks.

Transworld - April 2006 Volume 24 Number 4

No comments: