Monday, October 2, 2017

Listen.



Listen up.

Danny Montoya and Rob Gonzalez started Listen in 2006 after both their former board sponsors went under. The original team was Danny and Rob plus Brian Brown and Rodrigo Petersen. Listen existed as such until 2010 when they moved the company to Syndrome Distribution and changed the name to BLVD. The Boulevard is still in operation today and enjoying the popularity of Brazilian pop star Tiago Lemos. Lemos is operating on a whole other level of technical street skating.

It did dry up after work on Friday so I got to keep the days skateboarding streak going. The weekend was nice and I got to skate both days, although I didn't try very hard on Sunday morning. The weather looks like it will be good nearly all week.

I'm also slowly getting some pictures together for another week of stories about old skate spots. What's weird is I always remember night skating as having a yellow glow, but with the new LED lights and whatnot, everything is white. It's something I was aware of, although I really noticed it last night when I was getting a couple photos.

Skateboarder - April 2006 Volume 15 Number 8

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool observation about lights. Parking lots, dumpsters and yellow lighting

Justin said...

Yup, the yellow haze of summer has been done away with by advances in technology.