Monday, October 30, 2017

Chad Fernandez.



Ross Goodman's Gravedigger lives.

Chad rode for Think, Creature, Planet Earth, and World Industries over the years. He had footwear sponsors of Etnies, Osiris, and Globe. The guy did some big handrails and gaps, plus lots of ledge work with some transition tricks added for good measure.

The weather has been dicey for skateboarding. Last week featured a lot of rain, as did the weekend. Friday was probably the last of the truly warm days. I only managed a few quick minutes of pushing around in the street before I was off to take playoff high school football photos. At least I didn't get rained on and I had Mighty Taco for dinner.

Lance Dalgart took the photo.

Thrasher - July 1997 Volume 17 Number 7

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate myself for remembering this, but he rode for Acme, too.

Justin said...

I think you're right. Before he was on Think, perhaps. He's been sponsored a long time by a lot of companies. I used this one because of the spooky gravedigger. There was a Sam Hitz ad, but it was mainly for the Fiend Club so I decided against it. I've used up nearly all of the Creature ads at this point.

Anonymous said...

Or was it just Formula One?

Justin said...

It was Formula One. He was doing a flip trick into a nose slide. I think it was the back cover of Transworld from 1994.