Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Jason Dill #12.



"But I still use the mail, I still buy stamps, I adore newspapers. I don't care how hungover I am, I read the New York Times and the New York Post every day. It's amazing that newspapers still exist, and it's amazing that print photography is still with us. I'm looking at the New York Times and I know that the photos are digital and I'm ripping them out and making postcards out of them and I know I'm contradicting myself. I understand that. I'm a walking, talking, breathing contradiction. Why? Because I'm American, I'm stupid, and I'm human."

C|O was the wheel company backed by Tantrum Distribution. Jovontae Turner, Henry Sanchez, Maurice Key, Stevie Williams, Drake Jones, and Marcus McBride were all on the team. Jason would have been riding for Sal Barbier's 23 around this time.

"You want to get a hold of me, you'll have to get me at home on my landline or catch me after a late-night New York escapade."

I had to throw in the landline quote from Dill's 2009 Transworld interview. It's too good to leave out.

Patrick O'Dell took the photo.

For the quotes: Transworld - April 2009 Volume 27 Number 4

Thrasher - July 1997 Volume 17 Number 7

No comments: