Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Sam Cunningham #4.



Egg Hunt.

Sam is from Sacramento, California. He was pro for Blockhead and was an all around shredder on vert, pools, and streets. Airwalk gave him shoes and Tracker provided his trucks. He was boardsliding big handrails in Blockhead's Splendid Eye Torture video from 1989. Sam was fascinated by reptiles and I believe he works as a herpetologist currently.

Tyler Bledsoe's All Clear OK video clip is awesome. I like how Quasi has updated the Memory Screen vibe without just repeating what had already been done.

The photo is by Spike Jonze.

Transworld - September 1989 Volume 7 Number 5

2 comments:

Henry said...

I didn't care for the techno dance club music in the Quasi video. But that backside tailslide at the end was sick.

Justin said...

That back tail was ridiculous. I'm glad they showed it at regular speed, too.

I could see that about the music. I dug it. I've been listening to a lot of analog synth music as well as digging out old 90s electronic stuff like Panasonic and Pole so it kind of matched up to what I'm into at the moment. I didn't like that the sound of the skateboard was a little quiet.