Thursday, August 4, 2016

Matt Pailes #3.



Dynamic.

I cracked a hanger on the seven or eight year old Ventures I've been riding. I dug through the spare parts box and found an unused old hanger to replace it. I have spent the last two nights trying to adjust my back truck bolt so it feels right. I think I finally got it to about as close as I'm going to get it. This probably means it is time to buy a new set of trucks. Or set up the new pair that have been gathering dust by my stack of used decks for the last few years. Does Venture make a wider hanger now? Since I switched to riding 8.125" boards that .0625" on each side of the 8" hanger bugs me a little. It's not really noticeable and you can't tell unless you look closely, but I know it is there. It doesn't seem to impact how the boards ride so I'm content to live with the difference.

It looks like Quasi made a board featuring speakers similar to the classic Neil Blender JBL Speaker graphic for the Alien Workshop from 1991.

Thrasher - August 1996 Volume 16 Number 8

No comments: