Thursday, November 12, 2015

Kevin "Spanky" Long #4.



"When asked who I thought would win, I always said, "I don't care as long as it's Billy Marks or Spanky." With Billy and his white pants stumbling into 13th, I put all my money on Kevin. Conscious or not, Spanky put together the kind of run that even the street purists like to see - ollie based, more-tech-than-big-air-oriented, and with a calm, flowing style. These are the kinds of runs that Eric Koston does, incidentally. Kevin backside 180d the big rail the hard way to flat, spun well-sprung 270 backside flips over the pyramid hips, hit up the big rail and looked good doing all of it. It's nice to have a Tampa Am champ that everyone can get behind. Good, one, Kev. He won the mini Ducati motorcycle which he can ride straight into the pro ranks, as far as I'm concerned." - Michael Burnett

Kevin won the Tampa Am in 2003 and turned pro for Baker sometime after.

For the quote: Thrasher - May 2003 Volume 23 Number 6

Thrasher - June 2003 Volume 23 Number 6

No comments: