Thursday, December 5, 2013

Primo Desiderio.



The Primo Slide.

Primo was pro for Vision. Along with his wife Diane, he did numerous demos at all sorts of random places in the 1980s. Primo did fairly well on the contest circuit, too. It appears that the Desiderios run a DJ business for weddings, dances, and other social functions that require music. How awesome would it be to have Primo get out from behind the turntables to spin some 360s and do a few pogos at your wedding?

Transworld - February 1989 Volume 7 Number 1

6 comments:

Justin said...

Primo in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPEhp0Z6zlA

SP said...

I used to see Primo randomly all over SD as a kid; he was always decked out in his freestyle pads and still skated a tiny freestyle board. I haven't seen him in years though. If I ever need a DJ I'll be sure to look him up to try and make your dream a reality. cheers

Skately said...

I remember seeing Primo & Diane in a stunt show as a kid, but can't remember where. I want to say Universal Studios or maybe Sea World...?

They threw down a little freestyle but also involved running around and banging their boards together like swords. I think about that all the time.

Anonymous said...

i wish somebody currently relevant would bust out a primo slide mid run in their next video part. that trick is ill!

Justin said...

YouTube says Sea World:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgeaCOZUqbs

I want to say there was a joke about that in one of the Powell videos. Like maybe along the lines of somebody saying, "I was doing three shows a day at Sea World."

Skately said...

Amazing!! The memories just came flooding back...