Thursday, December 8, 2011

Eric Nash.



Eric rode for Sims. He is from Arcadia, California. He acquired the nickname the Crusher on a tour of Australia. I was always a fan of Nash because he seemed like a good guy who was down for skateboarding.

You've been known as the Crusher. Do you still arm wrestle?

My arm wrestling days are over. I ruined my arm last time. I didn't lose, I was just beaten unfairly. I arm wrestled everyone in Australia and in a wild fluke I kept beating everybody. Jeff Grosso had beat me all my life but I started getting him all the time. Then it came to Christian Hosoi whose arm is half my arm's height. Christian was the only one who beat me and he lifted up his elbow. The name Crusher came about when we were in Australia doing our tours and we were being interviewed by TV or radio and the guy asked me if I had a nickname. Just to make them laugh I said, "Yeah, I have a nickname," and the first thing that came to my head was Crusher. Crusher Nash. The hottest thing was that throughout that entire demo he kept calling me the Crusher. It was fun.

For the quote from an interview with Bryce Kanights: Thrasher - October 1990 Volume 10 Number 10

The photo is by Sean Sullivan.

Thrasher - January 1990 Volume 10 Number 1

No comments: