Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Dustin Dollin.



Demon Spawn.

Dustin was one of the new riders on Stereo at the end of the 1990s. The company was also switching its visual image up a bit, but this ad fits in with the vintage Stereo look.

The kid from Australia showed up in the states and started terrorizing spots everywhere. He became friends with Andrew Reynolds, Jim Greco, Shane Heyl and company. This resulted in the formation of the Piss Drunks and the rest is history.

Other than a bunch of ink and slightly crazier hair, Dustin looks about the same today as he did twelve years ago. I guess skateboarding is the fountain of youth.

Thrasher - October 1999 Volume 19 Number 10

2 comments:

Neil said...

I have a distinct memory of skating Murdy Park (i.e. the ashtray) in HB when I first saw Dustin Dollin. That was my spot, as I lived super close to where Reynolds & co. were living at the time, near Edwards and Warner.

Dollin cruises to Murdy one day and just destroys it (not that there was much to destroy). He offered to sell me a deck: a 7.5" Stereo Danny Gonzales. I couldn't skate home fast enough to retrieve the $20.

Keith said...

I didn't even know he rode for Stereo. I kinda stopped paying attention after Jason Lee retired.