Thursday, January 13, 2011

Ed Templeton #11.



In keeping with the loose college mindset that I'm basing this week on, the Tempster was one of my favorite pros back in 1996. He can do no wrong in my book as of today either. Is Michael Burnett going to do a twenty years of Templeton interview? These decades are zipping by. I'm not sure I like that.

Speaking of things turning twenty, Blind's Video Days hits the big 2-0 and is the subject of an extensive feature in the new issue of Skateboarder. There are interviews with everyone on the team, including Jordan Richter. He is running a perfume business and is married with children now. He still skateboards.

Skateboarder magazine is now bimonthly and has gone back to the larger size format that it used to be, decline of print media be damned. They are also promising more in depth and well thought out stories, which is something that they have done a quality job of over the years. I hope they can keep this going for a few more years at least. They might want to look at mailing in some sort of plastic bag because my issue was shredded pretty good around the edges.

One last thing about Blind. I like how they are doing the throwback style ads to celebrate turning 21. I don't think they can keep that up for forever, but it is a nice change of pace.

Mike Ballard took the photo.

Thrasher - May 1996 Volume 16 Number 5

1 comment:

rockpixie said...

Just stumbled across your blog, thought id drop you a line to say love what your doing!

http://rockrebelpixie.blogspot.com/

Peace love and unity

\m/