Friday, July 16, 2010

Doug Saenz.



Doug rode for New Deal and Underworld Element. He was also on Consolidated and I believe the first time around for Creature. He plays with Karma Tsocheff in their band AM Magic. Race had a nice thing going with their ads. This is his am check out from Thrasher:

Where do you live?
Pleasant Hill.

Do you have any sponsors?
Yeah, I ride for Underworld Element, Venture Trucks and Race Wheels.

When did you start skateboarding?
The summer before eighth grade. I can't remember. It was a while ago.

What board?
Some old Powell board.

Who do you think is rad right now?
Karma is rad. Brian Chung, my friend, John, there's too many to list.

What do you like to skate?
Pretty much anything, like blocks and bumps and stuff, just whatever.

Do you think there's anything wrong with skateboarding right now?
I guess there are lots of things wrong with it, but there are good things too, it's just like how people perceive things is kind of messed up.

Have you ever gotten really hurt?
Not really. I sprained my ankle a couple times, broke my wrist once, it was just a chip, but I never got it fixed.

Who do you usually skate with?
My friend John, Pete, Karma, Keith, and just whoever's around.

What do you like besides skating?
Just being with my friends and having a good time.

What kind of music do you listen to?
I like old rock of the late sixties to the mid-seventies, stuff like the Who. I like going to record stores, trying to find records. That's pretty much all I do.

Who would you like to thank?
Greg Carroll, Andy and Johnny.

Thrasher - May 1994 Volume 14 Number 5

No comments: