Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Blaize Blouin #2.



12/2/1969 - 9/9/1999

"Blaize Blouin's patented mute flapper in the Hanger's bowl is just one of the many high-speed moves he's capable of."

This Q & A is from a Thrasher article after Blaize won the 1988 NSA Vert Championship.

When?
I started skating in '78 - just dorking around on Fiberflex and Bahne boards. I started park riding in late 1980. My main influences were Keith Durden, the McKinnon (Speed) brothers, the Uke Boys and the Toke Team.

Where?
I'll go underground from here. Skating is heading for trouble. Hospitality and unity barely even exist anymore.

Why?
I skate for personal enjoyment. It's a natural way to release all of my aggressions. I'm not very concerned with other people's reasons for skating.

Faves?
Concrete, plywood and pool coping. The Rancheros, Reese, the Wainrights, the Toke Team, Lenny, Leaphart. The Farm Ramp Jam. The Rolling Stones, jazz, reggae, psychedelic rock.

Dave Swift took the photo.

Photo: Transworld - July 1991 Volume 9 Number 7

Quotes: Thrasher - March 1989 Volume 9 Number 3

No comments: