Thursday, October 9, 2008

Julien Stranger #6.



"In The Spirit Of Misadventure"

Julien falls down. Who else would think to use a bail shot like this for an advertisement?

Since there really isn't much more that needs to be said about Citizen Stranger, I'm going to throw my two cents in the debate on fall skateboarding. My preferred months are July and August. Any time when it is hot out will do, but it's hot more days than it isn't in Western New York during those two months. I skate better in warmer weather. Throw in some humidity and I'm loving it. Plus my board feels better, too. Bushings are sensitive to the temperature and skating in the early spring or late fall, my trucks never seem quite right. Of course I almost only ride at night and the local skatepark is on Lake Erie, which takes a bit of the edge off the high temps. I can deal with September as long as it stays like August, but once you get to October and have that first cold rain, fall sucks. You're skating on borrowed time until winter.

Thrasher - September 1996 Volume 16 Number 9

3 comments:

smorales said...

shit kiiiiils

rasta robby said...

hey are you talking about the elizabeth park skatepark?

Anonymous said...

Nope. It's a little park in Dunkirk, NY, about an hour south west of Buffalo. Overall it probably isn't much better than 4 out of 10, but since it is Dunkirk, it's about an 8 or a 9. Free, outdoors, concrete, lights and no pads.