Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Tim Brauch.



I watched a good portion of the Maloof Money Cup on Sunday. The clips that were shown of Dennis Busenitz made me think of Tim Brauch. I seem to remember a quote about Brauch's win in the Vans Triple Crown Street Competition of 1998. The quote dealt with how Brauch won the contest - by hauling ass, grinding the shit out of everything and doing big airs in comparison to what the other riders were doing. Granted some heavy tricks went down in the Maloof Money Cup, but what Busenitz was doing was a lot more eye pleasing than the carcass toss down the sixteen stair handrail.

Mark Waters took the photo.

Note: I looked around the last couple of days for the quote, but couldn't find it. I think it might have been in Big Brother because somebody had an actual opinion.

Transworld - August 1991 Volume 9 Number 8

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I was 16 I went to a demo at my local park. I was a big Ron Whaley fan at the time, but Tim Brauch was KILLING it on a late 70s era board with Black Flag bars for griptape. I told him I liked his board and he let me skate it while he iced his ankle. I was a very happy young lad.