Sunday, July 13, 2008

Jim Murphy.



"The perfect song for the posse was the Circle Jerks, "Wild in the Streets." That's exactly what they were about. They didn't need sleep. They could party and skate so hard that they were just legendary. They were like road warriors - just a total destruction machine." - Tony Alva

This wraps up Alva week. I figured the week wouldn't be complete without Murph. This was fun, but it was also a little bit of a pain specifically looking for the pictures in the magazines. I have some ideas for what I want to put on this site and then other things I find randomly as I'm looking through the stuff, but this week was more like doing research.

The photo is by Joel Cherry.

Skateboarder - August 2002 Volume 11 Number 2 (for the quote)

Thrasher - August 1989 Volume 9 Number 8

No comments: